Recent Advances on Optimization
July 24-26, 2013
General informationAn international conference on optimization will be organized under the umbrella of a research programme supported by the RTRA STAE Foundation in Toulouse on July 24-26th 2013.
The conference will address topics in unconstrained and constrained optimization, with and without
derivatives. It will be also the occasion to celebrate the many contributions made by Philippe L. Toint to the field. A half-day session related to the data assimilation ADTAO project (Algorithmes de nouvelle
génération pour l’assimilation de Données dans le système Terre Atmosphère Océan) will be organized. Contributed talks and posters related to the topics of the conference are welcome, and will be put into the programme as far as schedule constraints allow it.
Confirmed invited speakers
- Stefania Bellavia - University of Florence (Italy)
- Andrew Conn - IBM's T.J. Watson Research Center (USA)
- John Dennis - Rice University (USA)
- Andreas Griewank - Humboldt University of Berlin (Germany)
- Michael Kocvara - The University of Birmingham (UK)
- Jorge More - Argonne National Laboratory (USA)
- Benedetta Morini - University of Florence (Italy)
- Jorge Nocedal - Northwestern University (USA)
- Michael Powell - Cambridge University (UK)
- Annick Sartenaer - University of Namur (Belgium)
- Mike Saunders - Stanford University (USA)
- Katya Scheinberg, Lehigh University (USA)
- Luis Nunes Vicente - University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- Ya-xiang Yuan - Chinese Academy of Sciences (China)
- Stephen Wright - University of Wisconsin (USA)
Deadlines01.01.2013: Online registration open
15.03.2013: Due date for contributed presentations
Deadline for titles and abstracts for presentations of 30 minutes at most (although you can offer a shorter talk if you wish) is March 15th.
Please use the following template file to submit your contribution and send it to Xavier Vasseur.
30.03.2013: Due date for poster presentations
15.04.2013: Notification of acceptance
15.05.2013: Registration deadline
RegistrationThere is no registration fee, however registration is mandatory.
Registration information (name, firstname, affiliation) should be sent directly to Brigitte Yzel.
The deadline for doing this is 15 May 2013.
Scientific committeeCoralia Cartis - University of Edinburgh (UK)
Nick Gould - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (UK)
Serge Gratton - University of Toulouse, CERFACS and IRIT (France)
Bijan Mohammadi - CERFACS (France)
Local Organization CommitteeSerge Gratton - University of Toulouse, INPT, CERFACS and IRIT
Odile Jankowiak - RTRA STAE
Xavier Vasseur - CERFACS
Brigitte Yzel - CERFACS
- Reaching the conference place on the campus of the French Meteorology
- Student room at Météo-France residence
For smaller budgets, it is also possible to book a room or studio (only for couples) at the Ecole Nationale de la Météorologie located on the Météo-France campus a stone's throw from CERFACS. The fee for a room is 14 € per night. Other information on the rooms : 15 square meters with a bathroom, sheets and blankets supplied, bathroom linen not supplied.
Requests for accomodations should be sent to Brigitte Yzel and will be handled on a first come first served basis since a limited amount of very low cost accommodation is available on site at the Meteo residences.
Kitchen and toilets are in the communal area and the Météo-France cafeteria located on the campus is open every day for breakfast (around 4 €) and dinner (around 8 €).